Sunday 8 April 2012

Restrictions

I am planning a vaction home for a month in the summer. Where is home you ask? Ottawa, Ontario. I am really looking forward to seeing my family as well as my friends. I would really love to bring Hemi with me to meet everyone, but a few years back the City of Ottawa passed a by-law, like many other cities/provences/states, a Pitt Bull and Pitt Bull type breed ban.

Here I go tonight looking for a loop hole in the banning of Pitt Bulls, in hopes that I can bring my dog to Ottawa with me for the summer. But I really doubt that will happen. There are so many stipulations on what dogs are okay, they have to have been born or owned before some time in 2005.

If you want to travel through the City of Ottawa with your pitt bull, think twice. Read this;

5. What if I am just passing through Ontario with my pit bull?
You will be in contravention of the law if you are found to have imported a pit bull into the province. Your pit bull may be subject to seizure and you may be subject to a fine and/or jail time. Please note that exceptions exist for Ontario residents who are out of the province with their pit bulls for less than three months. Limited exceptions also exist for individuals coming to Ontario for purposes of participating in recognized dog shows and flyball tournaments.

(copy pasted from the City of Ottawa - Public Saftey Related to Dogs Statute Law Amendment Act 2005)

Jail time? Charged? your dog maybe taken away from you! And we all know what that means. 

This really needs to come to an end. People need to start realizing that these dogs are not bad. They are just dogs, that love like no other breed.

(To read more on the City of Ottawa by law Pitt Bull breed banning, click the link above.)

Xoxo
Kitty and Hemi

No comments:

Post a Comment